It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 13, Book 15


Weather

Whether the weather be fine
Or whether the weather be not
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not.

Septmber 13th - love whethers the the weather



Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. 

Kin Hubbard

After a very hot couple of weeks here in northern Ohio, it seems we have some cooler weather to enjoy.  I’m saying temps in the 60’s instead of close to 90 degrees.   I love this kind of weather it is very comfortable and enables me to do a little more than I did in the hot and steamy days.

But no matter the weather, one thing I try to remember is that there is always something good to be found in every day. Every day is a new opportunity to live and love and learn.  


All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. 

Anonymous

Sandwiched between blazing summer and chilly winter, autumn is the cooling off season. When the weather turns cooler here, we know it is just the beginning and slowly but surely cold days will become the norm.  Time moves on and we can’t change that, but we can change or attitudes about the way we think about things.  Sometimes it takes me awhile to appreciate changes and so I made the list below. 


Just a few things I like about cool Autumn days

Cozy blankets to cuddle in
A hot mug of warm cider
Warm sweaters
A steaming hot bowl of chili
Colorful foliage

There are lots more I can be thankful for these fall days,  but mostly I’m thankful for another day, along the way, with those I love.


By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer.
Helen Hunt Jackson

4 comments:

jack69 said...

The line about having one more day with loved ones is a great line.
I have learned I like living, and living in all kinds of weather is part of life. We too are having 60's temps, I like that also....

Life is definitely good!

Mevely317 said...

Laughing aloud at that first quote.
When I was a child, I thought, "How sad. My parents can't think of anything to ask except 'how is your weather?'"
... Except now, when calling my son I do the same thing!

betty said...

Asking about the weather or talking about weather always seems like a good ice breaker. Something we can't control, but always a good topic to talk about. You have a nice list of what you enjoy about fall :)

betty

Hollie said...

It was a glorious 50° this morning!! I love this time of the year. I can actually get outside and not burn up from the heat!! Glad it's cooling down for you too!!