It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 12, Book 15



Lessons From An Oyster


There once was an oyster
Whose story I tell,
Who found that some sand
Had got into his shell.

It was only a grain,
But it gave him great pain.
For oysters have feelings
Although they're so plain.

Now, did he berate
The harsh workings of fate
That had brought him
To such a deplorable state?

Did he curse at the government,
Cry for election,
And claim that the sea should
Have given him protection?

NO! he said to himself
As he lay on a shell,
Since I cannot remove it,
I shall try to improve it.

Now the years have rolled around,
As the years always do,
And he came to his ultimate
Destiny stew.

And the small grain of sand
That had bothered him so
Was a beautiful pearl
All richly aglow.

Now the tale has a moral,
For isn't it grand
What an oyster can do
With a morsel of sand?

What couldn't we do
If we'd only begin
With some of the things
That get under our skin?


Author Unknown

September 12th - lessons of love

We were not born to hide our gifts, stifle our imaginations, or withhold love.  We were made to shine !


Your mind will give you knowledge. Your heart will tell you what to do with it.

As children head back to school, I find myself reflecting on how much I am still learning. There are lessons to be learned in my actions, reactions, and feelings.  

I give thanks for everything I learn, from finding a shortcut saving me time to discerning when to make my next big move.


Every encounter is a chance to learn. 

There are lots of good things to be done, and today is your day to do them. Filled with love for life and its great possibilities, give it your best. 

Ralph Marston

You know that you can do it !

4 comments:

Debbie said...

What a lovely post. You always have such wisdom to share with the rest of us. I'm glad we are blogging friends.
Have a wonderful weekend, dear one.
Love.
Debbie
xo

betty said...

I liked that lesson of the oyster! And I think its neat that you do reflect, Ma, on what you are still learning; never too late to learn indeed!

betty

Mevely317 said...

That "Lesson" is so cute!
Friend Rick at Life 101 is fond of saying, "Every day's a school day."
(Oh, I hope I got that right!)

jack69 said...

Love the lesson in Oyster, they Oysters are some of my favoite things, although I have never found a pearl, I still look.

But it is a very pointed lesson.

Love from NC<,,