It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Chapter 9, Page 10, Book 15


The falling leaves drift by the window 
The autumn leaves of red and gold 
I see your lips, the summer kisses 
The sun-burned hands I used to hold 

Since you went away the days grow long 
And soon I'll hear old winter's song 
But I miss you most of all my darling 
When autumn leaves start to fall.
  
 Autumn Leaves, Lyrics by Johnny Mercer and Jacques Prévert. 


September 10th - Love adapts

I have to say that September used to be my favorite time of year.  I loved the changing season with cooler days and vibrant colors.  But now the days have a meloncholy effect on me.  I am already missing the minutes of daylight that we have lost.  It seems like just yesterday I woke up to sunshine and it was daylight till about 9:30 in the evening.  

Now I’m looking at the clock at 8:30 in the evening and thinking, is it time to go to bed yet?  I am so effective by the sunshine. On the bright side I know that as the days are getting cooler, I’ll be able once again be able to sit out in the sunlight and soak up a few rays, they do heal my body and soul.  

I’m thinking we just need to follow the seasons and learn from them.  We had those busy summer days that seemed to go on and on, but now fall is coming and it’s a time to get a little more rest.  



Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.

Chad Sugg


2 comments:

betty said...

Leaves are starting to change here already which is unique for me since I always thought it had to cool down a bit for them to do so. I do like it being darker in the morning, but not so much it getting darker earlier at night. There's been a shifting of the birds that have come to the feeders so I guess they too realize it is a new season!

betty

jack69 said...

I just stopped by to say HI! then back to bed.
I do love the fall, for beauty and tempts. Sending Love from NOrth CArolina. This operation was a little more than I gave it credit for. It took a lot more out of me than I thought it would. hahahahaha Haveen't never actually been put 'under' in a hospital before. I still haven't spent the night there yet (except visiting, ;-) )