It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Chapter 8, Page 8, Book 15


There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great,
and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.

Orison Swett Marden

August 8th - love expects love in return


Expect the people you love to be better. It helps them to become better. But don't get upset when they fail. It helps them keep trying.

Anonymous

We think about how things should be. We daydream about great days with family. Holidays filled with love and beautiful memories. However, if we are honest we have all had those times when our expectations fail us. It all depends on what we are putting our expectation in.


Don’t get so wrapped up in your expectation that you can’t enjoy the moment you are in.

It isn’t wrong to expect progress of myself, good things from life, or decent treatment from others. Where I get into trouble is when my expectations become demands. 



A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes.
Mark Twain

3 comments:

betty said...

I heard or read somewhere when one loses hope, they also lose the desire to live. I think having hope is one of our greatest assets we have.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Piggy-backing on what Betty just said, this made me think of a coffee mug my father once owned that said, "When a man is tired of pleasure, he is tired of life."

Your post is another (welcomed) 'gentle shove.' I'm chronically guilty of directing future scenes how I THINK they should play out ... then fail to appreciate the often comical uh-oh's. (Does that make sense, I hope?)

jack69 said...

I just lost my comment. Signal is sorta iffy. I did enjoy the read. I wish I could wrap hope up and give it in a box to a friend, who has lost it.
Love from out here...