It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Chapter 8, Page 4, Book 15


Home is where there's one to love us    

Charles Swain


August 4 - home on first!

From quiet homes and first beginning,
Out to the undiscovered ends,
There's nothing worth the wear of winning,
But laughter and the love of friends. 

Hilaire Belloc

So often we search for happiness elsewhere, wishing we had what others have. Instead of frantically searching everywhere and elsewhere, why not just appreciate and treasure what we have.

In Alice in Wonderland, the rabbit says, The hurrier I go, the behinder I get. At times, this is definitely me. Life moves so quickly I think I will never catch up. This way of thinking may tempt me to hurry through tasks. However, rushing leads to delays, mistakes, and damaged relationships.



There is always more to know, more to do, more to live and more to give. Experience the matchless joy of allowing it all to unfold through you.

Ralph Marston

I can wait patiently, knowing I am able to do all that is mine to do.


The pictures are of one of my grandson’s t-ball game at the beginning of summer.  

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.     

Sarah Ban Breathnach

2 comments:

betty said...

How cute watching the little ones learn how to play ball :) I like the Ralph Marston quote; so relevant to what's going on with us in waiting during this season of our lives. I do agree, life does move so quickly. It is good sometimes just to relax and not hurry it along in our own days but enjoy them as they are.

betty

jack69 said...

Love the grandson's picture.....
Yean I think the hurrier we got last nite the behinder we have gotten. The boys went out to look at St. Louis. I guess there must be more to see than the ARch. hahaha
Enjoyed the rad as we wait...