It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 21, 2015

Chapter 8, Page 21, Book 15


Life Is A Journey

Life is a journey through many terrain
From gardens of pleasure to deserts of pain
From an ocean of love to a jungle of hate
From mountains of glory to canyons of fate


There's a highway for joy and a highway for sorrow
A road for today and a road for tomorrow
So choose your path wisely and walk with care
If you follow your heart, you'll find your way there


I've been to the garden and planted seeds there
I've been to the desert and felt the despair
I've swam in the ocean and drank of it's wine


I climbed up the mountain to touch the sky
I went to the canyon and started to cry
I've traveled both highways,
 Both today and tomorrow
I've basked in the joy and wallowed in sorrow


My path has been chosen and
I've walked it with care
 I followed my heart and I'm on my way there
So I'll just keep walking till I find what I'm after
To mountains and oceans and
Gardens of laughter.

Author Unknown 


August 21st -Things are never as bad as they seem


If we take the time to look around us, even in the dark, we’ll realize that there are more good things than bad.

More reasons to smile than to frown. More reasons to feel hopeful than to feel hopeless. More reasons to feel grateful than hateful.

Joy is a beautiful, wonderful, completely euphoric feeling. It’s more than worth the few minutes it takes to round up your blessings and find reasons to smile.



The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. 

Author Unknown


4 comments:

Debbie said...

You have no idea how much this ministered to me today.
My niece with the terminal cancer is failing, and I really needed a pick me up today.
God sent me over here, and I'm glad you were His vessel.
Love to you, dear one.
Debbie
xo

betty said...

I like that poem Life is a Journey. So true that there is always something to feel joyful about here and that there are more good things than bad things in these lives of ours.

betty

jack69 said...

Yes, and there are times that the journey becomes so satisfying, we can only express ourselves by laughing uncontrollably. Today is one of those days for us. A GOOD day!

Barbara said...

Just caught up with some of your posts. Life certainly is a journey.
Interesting road with the two directions either side of a river.