It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Chapter 8, Page 2, Book 15


Precious Gifts
Author Unknown


Yesterday a butterfly
Came floating gently through the sky.
He soared up through the atmosphere
Then drifted close enough to hear.

I said, I'd love to fly with you
And sail around the way you do.
It looks like it would be such fun
To fly up toward the summer sun.

But I have not your graceful charm.
I haven't wings, just these two arms.
I've been designed to walk around.
My human feet must touch the ground.

Then magically he spoke to me
and told me what his wish would be.

He said, What I'd love most to do
Is walk upon God's Earth with you,
To squish its mud between my toes
Or touch my finger to my nose.

I'd love just once to walk around
With human feet to touch the ground,
But I have not two legs that swing,
I haven't arms, just these two wings.

And so we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise.
For we'd both seen God's precious gifts
Through someone else's eyes. 

August 2nd - love is sharing


Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.

Brian Tracy

The greatest thing about have someone to do things with is the sharing of our thoughts, ideas, dreams and desires.  No one ever sees something in exactly the same way.  I know that I need the insights that others provide. I tend to get a little stale, left on my own.  

I’m not saying I don’t appreciate those precious moments that seeming come my way every day of my life.  They are bountiful and wonderful, but when shared they become even more so.


If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new and interesting page.

Mark Houlahan

Help each other and love each other and never stop sharing


2 comments:

jack69 said...

seldom, but every once in awhile we get to briefly see thru someone else's eyes. What an eye opener.
I do like that poem, shakes your thought processes.
Have a wonderful day...

betty said...

I liked that precious gifts poem. It is good to be able to share experiences and things with others; they can sometimes give a different view point to a situation or even something seen that is different than ours, but sometimes in a good way to open our eyes more.

betty