It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Chapter 8, Page 1, Book 15




The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

Audrey Hepburn


August 1 - love is needed

What the world needs now is love, sweet love;
It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

David Bacharach

I'm not sure about you but sometimes I'm guilty of not spreading that love around. A lot of things get in our way. Our priorities get off. We get caught up in pride and self. Maybe we think someone else will do it for us.

 I get entangled in my own life, my space, and my ideas.  I have fallen into the trap of deciding how others should behave and what the world should be like. 

Instead of getting hooked into drama...
Fly above it and send prayers and love.


Friendships are so critical in our lives; I can’t imagine how I’d make it without my friends.  Good friends don’t lay condemnation or criticism or guilt on others; rather they pour healing ointments on the hurting places. We need a friend to help us up when we are down.

People’s capacity for love is the most amazing part of being alive. From the humorous love we have for our favorite pizza place, to the platonic love between friends, and the infinite love between parents and children, we experience love every single day. It defines us.

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

Leo Buscaglia

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Yes, we do need to spread LOVE, as individuals and as a world. How much better this world would be with more love and less hate.
But we must take care of our little world, even if everything else is falling apart.

You remind me of a story long ago of the mother hen who protected and loved her brood.

We head out in a few minutes.

betty said...

I think you are right, Ma, priorities do get in our way sometimes instead of us spreading around our love. Maybe we just need to reset our priorities and make sure loving others is in the top five of what we do daily :)

betty

Debbie said...

I agree with you. We need to walk in love every day.
I need to swallow my pride and just let things go. Life is too short to let silly things get in the way of putting our best out there.
Have a blessed weekend, dear one.
Debbie
xo

Rick Watson said...

Tell it sister. I can barely look at Facebook these days.