It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Chapter 7, Page 23, Book 15



The traveler sees what he sees; the tourist sees what he has come to see.

G.K. Chesterton

July 23rd - love to travel

A vacation is like love - anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia. 

Author Unknown


When we view life with traveler’s eyes  we do not simply focus on what we hoped or planned to see, as a tourist might. Instead, we set aside preconceived notions and expectations. We soak in the experiences of the present moment.

Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.

Ernest Hemingway


I like to think that I journey through each day as a full participant, engaged deeply with the world and open to new lessons, new insights.  To be  utterly transformed by everything I encounter, I walk with traveler’s eyes along the blessed and sacred journey of life.


If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.

Cesare Pavese

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.


The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.

Henry Boye

The pictures today are from a little trip to the Ohio River last summer. It was beautiful!.  Some days my life runs smoothly like a gentle river. Other days, I may compare it to white water rapids.  Regardless of the circumstances, I  know this, too, shall pass.


4 comments:

betty said...

Such a pretty place to visit! I liked all the quotes here; lots of wisdom in some of them. Life is a journey; I think we need to be conscious of it to travel it well.

betty

jack69 said...

I love being a traveler. I enjoyed the pictures from your trip. I know you are a 'Traveler not just a tourist!' I enjoy the journey and the destination. They both make a trip.

Rick Watson said...

I'm constantly amazed by the experience of travel. Jilda and I went to Ireland several years ago and had a wonderful time. The people we warm, the food was tasty, and the sights were amazing.
I had a cousin to go shortly after we were there, and she hated it. I think people see what they want to see. If you expect nothing but the best, it often turns out that way. But, if you go expecting to find the worst, you will most likely find that.
Good post.
R

TARYTERRE said...

The river photos are lovely. It looks like a wonderful place to explore. Think this quote makes my day. "The traveler sees what he sees; the tourist sees what he has come to see." So true.