It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chapter 7, Page 22, Book 15


Love is not blind - it sees more, not less.  But because it sees more, it is willing to see less
 Rabbi Julius Gordon  

July 22nd - love sees beauty

Life isn't awful.... It's Awe Full.
You've just got to look at it right.

From one of my morning reflections this week :

Natural beauty shines forth on a clear summer day. When I look at the world with loving eyes, I see God expressed in all things.  I  can see the radiant light of God in all of nature from the plants to the animal kingdom. Grass flows in a sea of green across lawns and parks. Flowers burst in colors as radiant as a fireworks display. Trees stand tall, clothed in lush leaves and gentle blossoms. God is in the flight of the robin and the pounce of a squirrel.

There is beauty in nature and in every person. It is in the laugh of a child, the twinkling eye of a friend, and the smile of a stranger. I see beauty in and around me. Beholding God’s glorious creation, my heart is filled with love and gratitude.


When I read this reflection,  I knew I had to share it as it expresses so well how I feel about summer.  These July days have included a lot of rain but there have also been lovely ones that just radiate beauty everywhere.


Loving people live in a loving world.
Hostile people live in a hostile world.
Same world.

Wayne Dyer


I’m so thankful for the ability to see it all.

For the beauty of the earth,
   For the beauty of the skies,
For the Love which from our birth
   Over and around us lies:
Christ, our God, to Thee we raise
This our Sacrifice of Praise.
For the beauty of each hour
   Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
   Sun and moon and stars of light:
Christ, our God, to Thee we raise
This our Sacrifice of Praise.

Christian hymn by Folliott S. Pierpoint

3 comments:

betty said...

Such pretty flowers you included here, Ma. I do agree that we can see so much beauty in this world especially as we look at it as all wonderful creations of God. Amazing with all the pretty flowers, plants, animals, etc. All enjoyable if we just take the time to enjoy them.

betty

jack69 said...

I enjoyed the entire post, but I love it when I am hit by something I had never though of, this is it:
Loving people live in a loving world.
Hostile people live in a hostile world.
Same world.

Wayne Dyer

WOW ain't it a fact.
Love it and thanks..

TARYTERRE said...

i always look for inspirational quotes in the things you post. This one made my day today. "Life isn't awful.... It's Awe Full. You've just got to look at it right."