It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 20, 2015

Chapter 7, Page 20, Book 15


Tell me I'm clever, Tell me I'm kind, Tell me I'm talented, Tell me I'm cute, Tell me I'm sensitive, Graceful and wise, Tell me I'm perfect - But tell me the truth.

Shel Silverstein


July 20th - The way of truth and love has always won


There is greatness within you that can only be reached by being honest about who you are. Let go of the pretenses, and let that greatness shine through.

Oh the messages we send...There is a story of a doctor who tried to place a stethoscope on a little girl's heart, telling her that she wanted to listen to it.

Oh, no! the little girl protested. My heart is in my back.

Where did you get that idea? the doctor asked.

Well, when I do something good, Grandma pats me on the back and says, 'Bless your little heart.'

Grandmas always seem to give their hearts to their grandchildren, but we need to remember how they perceive the truth.

As endearing as this story is, the little girl misconstrued the truth of where her heart was.  Sometimes without meaning to, we can cause others to believe something that isn’t true.   Our words and our actions are so important.



You have a unique and valuable perspective to offer the world. Be honest, without compromise, about what matters to you, and bring your own special treasure to life.

Ralph Marston

It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving


3 comments:

jack69 said...

It takes awhile to learn to be you. I remember a friend who once told me, "I am just learning, and I can face it, I am a late-bloomer." I knew he had just came to terms with himself.
I have another dear friend close to me, she is very sweet and generous, but if she could drop the pretenses she has she would shine like new money.

Now, thanks for a good entry, we do need to believe in our selves, TRUTHFULLY!

TARYTERRE said...

Good advice about being yourself. "Let go of the pretenses."

betty said...

How cute with the little girl and where she thought her heart was :) It is good for one to be truthful about themselves to themselves indeed especially in how they want to present themselves to others.

betty