It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 03, 2015

Chapter 7, Page 3, Book 15




In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.  

Aaron Rose

July 3 - Let your love light shine!

Light is good from whatever lamp it shines.  

Author Unknown

Just in time for the 4th of July weekend I'm seeing my own personal fireworks show right here in my own back yard. Those lightening bugs, fireflies, are a delight to watch in the evening. 

 Did you know that the main idea of a firefly’s light show is to attract a mate. The males fly around while turning their lights on and off, hoping to get the attention of a flightless female waiting in low vegetation.   If a female is impressed by a male’s flickering, she will flash back a response to the twilight glow. Each species of firefly has its own unique flash that is characteristic of its sex and species.


I think many of us are attracted by the light others show.  Many times I’ve seen someone with a healthy glow that just radiates warmth and joy.

Shine, little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer
Shine, little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer!
Lead us lest too far we wander.
Love's sweet voice is calling yonder!
Shine, little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer
Shine, little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer
Light the path below, above,
And lead us on to love.

from Paul Lincke's 1902 operetta Lysistrata, 
translated into English by Lilla Cayley Robinson, in the early 20th century

You light up my life !


If there was ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, It is now. Not for any grand cause, necessarily... but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your inspiration, something that's your dream.

Author Unknown


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Okay, this one was complete education. Thanks. I have been fascinated by lightening bugs all my life. They are fewer here I think in the last few years. I love seeing them. I had no idea Glow Little Glow Worm was from an operetta.
THANKS

betty said...

I don't think I've ever seen lightening bugs or fireflies, but how neat to have them light up the sky a bit :) Good reminder for us to be the light of the world Jesus wants us to be :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Fireflies are beautiful dotting the landscape at night. They LIGHT up the night, for sure.

Rick Watson said...

My nephew came over one evening last week and chased fireflies in the back yard. Watching him sent me back in time to when I was his age doings the same thing.
Nice post.