It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 17, 2015

Chapter 7, Page 17, Book 15




Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4

July 17 - LOVE REJOICES

We may not always have something to be joyful about but, whenever I find myself with a bad attitude, I try to remember this verse.  Even in the midst of situations that are depressing and negative.  It’s our choice; no one can force us to be in a negative mood if we don’t want to be. Our attitude depends on our mental focus which depends on our choice. The choice to rejoice often must go deliberately against how we feel. 

Love is not rude. It is not self seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  When it boils down to it, I would say that to have a bad attitude is a waste of time.  


The body heals with play.
The mind heals with laughter.
And the spirit heals with joy.

I’m not saying I’m perfect.  Far from it, but I’m working on setting my attitude straight and striving to love more each day.  I need to have that joy in my life that aways hopes and perseveres.  Negative attitudes not only drag us down but those around us too.  

No qualifiers, no exceptions, no ifs , ands, or buts, love bears up under anything and everything that comes.  

Rejoicing helps prevent us from grumbling and complaining.   Rejoicing in all things helps us ward off self pity.

Rejoice always !  Walk in love.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Love keeps no record of 'wrongs'. This one goes against human nature but is so VERY important.
Much better to REJOICE! I agree.
Love from the south...

Debbie said...

Walking in love is a conscious effort for me!!
I am so glad I came over to visit this post today.
It's so inspiring!
Love,
Debbie
xo

TARYTERRE said...

I want to tell you that this is the perfect mantra. "The body heals with play.
The mind heals with laughter. And the spirit heals with joy."

betty said...

I truly do agree with what you said, Ma, having a bad attitude is a waste of time. When I look back on some of my bad attitudes now, I think "was it even worth it?" Always good to be rejoicing instead!

betty