It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 9, Book 15



Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year.  It brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul.

Billy Graham


June 9 - soul of love



Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. 

Henry Ward Beecher


Just as our bodies need proper food to live and develop, our souls need love to blossom. 

Call it the boomerang effect. or what the Bible and calls it, reaping what you sow. Whatever you call it, the saying is true: you get what you give.  If we count our blessings, it seems we get more blessings.

If you treat others with love by showing kindness and respect, they’ll treat you the same.  



Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.

Bill Meyer

 Trust breeds trust. Trusting others, and especially trusting God, helps keep us healthy. When we trust, we are relaxed and at rest.

There is a spiritual side to everything - even household chores. Cluttered rooms are often indicative of a cluttered mind. Messy houses may point to messy lives. 



Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Marcel Proust 

4 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I definitely agree that you reap what you sow. People seem to respond to kindness and gentleness and usually try to respond in a like manner. As for clutter, Oh, dear! I don't think I'll ever improve. In November I moved to our motherhouse from a convent where I'd lived for 16 years. It was a wonderful opportunity to clear the clutter--which I did. The dumpster in the school parking lot was busier than it's ever been and I took four boxes of books to a thrift shop. I have to say I'm doing much better in my room in the convent but my office still looks pretty hopeless.

betty said...

Love the picture of your grandson driving the tractor. He probably was thinking one day he'll be able to drive one for real out in a field :)

I love that Billy Graham quote. One gets wonderful benefits when one harvests love :) And so true about we reap what we sow; I want to make sure to sow lots of love :)

betty

betty said...

Love the picture of your grandson driving the tractor. He probably was thinking one day he'll be able to drive one for real out in a field :)

I love that Billy Graham quote. One gets wonderful benefits when one harvests love :) And so true about we reap what we sow; I want to make sure to sow lots of love :)

betty

jack69 said...

YOu put forth a thought that I do try to live by, because we do reap what we sow.