It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 15



Making the Most of Life


  If I can throw a single ray of light across the darkened pathway of another; if I can aid some soul to clearer sight of life and duty, and thus bless my brother; if I can wipe from any human cheek a tear, I shall not have lived my life in vain while here.

   If I can guide some erring one to truth, inspire within his heart a sense of duty; if I can plant within my soul of rosy youth a sense of right, a love of truth and beauty; if I can teach one man that God and heaven are near, I shall not then have lived in vain while here.

   If from my mind I banish doubt and fear, and keep my life attuned to love and kindness; if I can scatter light and hope and cheer, and help remove the curse of mental blindness; if I can make more joy, more hope, less pain, I shall not have lived and loved in vain.

   If by life's roadside I can plant a tree, beneath whose shade some wearied head may rest, though I may never share its beauty, I shall yet be truly blest--though no one knows my name, nor drops a flower upon my grave, I shall not have lived in vain while here.


Author Unknown 

 June 4th - Love makes every thing beautiful



Duty makes us do things well.  Love make us do things beautifully.
  Phillip Brooks


I’ve never cared for fame and there are very few that know my name, but I do hope that in some way I can make someone else’s life better by bringing some encouragement into their day    If we don't encourage, we can discourage. So if even for a moment I can help to comfort or help by what ever little I can do, then that is what makes my life worth while.  

There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.

John Holmes

When life is tiring, when you are struggling  and when bills aren't paid, when school is difficult, when work is exhausting, when your health is failing, when your loved ones are hurt, when the future is unsure, and when a good friend leaves, it is easy to be discouraged.  Discouragement steals your vitality, your zeal, your joy, your peace, and your contentment.

Life is hard so there is always someone to encourage and little encouragement goes a long way.  

William Arthur Ward said, Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.



To encourage means to come along side of.  If we are going to encourage others, we need to come along side of them and help them.

Remember:  Even if you have nothing else to give, you can give encouragement.

There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.

 Mandy Hale



3 comments:

jack69 said...

You honor the Holmes quote with this:

So if even for a moment I can help to comfort or help by what ever little I can do, then that is what makes my life worth while. *******

So you do just that. Oh and I loved the last verse of Mr. Unknown's poem.

PS: I meant to say yesterday, I loved the kid in the tree!!!!! (One of your tribe?)

TARYTERRE said...

that first poem is very poignant. This post is inspirational for sure. I love this quote, "There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."

betty said...

I think you bring a lot of encouragement to others, Ma, in the cheery blog posts you write!

betty