It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 15


Worry is the burlap bag of burdens—overflowing with whaddifs! Whaddif it rains at my wedding? Whaddif after all my dieting, they discover lettuce is fattening and chocolate isn’t? The burlap bag of worry!  No one wants your worries. Truth be told, you don’t want them either. No one has to remind you the high cost of anxiety, but I will anyway. Worry isn’t a disease, but it causes diseases—high blood pressure, heart trouble, migraines, and a host of stomach disorders. Jesus said in Matthew 6:27, You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it. Worrying is one job you can’t farm out, but you can overcome it. David declares in Psalm 23:2, He leads me beside the still waters.   He leads me. He is ahead of me. He is in front. God leads us! And what a difference that makes!

From Traveling Light by Max Lucado



June 3rd - Love plants seeds of reverance


There is a little plant called reverence in the corner of my soul's garden, which I love to have watered once a week.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Whatever happens in my life I know that God loves me, He loves all of us, and that love carries me through, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t get discouraged at times, so I try to water my soul as often as possible.  Daily scripture readings, bible studies and devotions are all done to make my beliefs stronger and refresh my faith.  Faith is like a blanket, That keeps you cozy and warm.

I often think that every time we are tempted to be offended and upset, our faith is being tried.  There is a right and a wrong way to handle the storms of life. 

 President Woodrow Wilson once pointed out that a man's rootage is more important than his leafage.  What others see are the leaves, the outside. What they can't see are the roots, the values and principles that ground a person. A happy and fulfilled life grows from a good system of roots.



A tree is a wonderful metaphor for spiritual growth.  It roots deep into the soil. Finding its nourishment as needed. Takes the raw nutrients of water, soil and sun and transforms it into roots and branches and leaves.  Its trunk grows thicker and stronger.  It yields its fruit not early, not late, but in due season.  And that fruit of course is for the growth of something or someone else. 

We will make a thousand little decisions all the days of our lives. Those choices grow us spiritually. 
.

A life built on values has real value 

In every situation we are invited to face life with faith and hope no matter how dismal it may seem. Because of the love of Christ we can be confident that God wills only good.  No need to worry, he has a plan.

Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.

Victor Hugo


5 comments:

jack69 said...

You have a neat way of expressing a thought. Ending with this leaves a thought in my mind that STAYS:
No need to worry, HE has a plan.********
Ain't it the Truth!

betty said...

I liked that quote from Max Lucado's book; that is a good one! Worry sure doesn't help anything but give us stress I think. Always good to remember God is with us even during the tough times. He's never going to let us go.

betty

Rose said...

I was always a worry wart when it came to my kids. I still am. Worries do cause stress for sure.

TARYTERRE said...

Worrying gets the better of me in alot of situations. good to read your post. I love this quote too, 'A happy and fulfilled life grows from a good system of roots."

Rick Watson said...

Dang, I needed this post tonight. Thanks you.