It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 29, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 29, Book 15



But why should love stop at the border? 

Pablo Casals

June 29 - Cross the border into a zone of greater love.


Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.

Brian Tracy
In many aspects of our lives, we have various zones. For example, we all have comfort zones in work, relationships, prayer, study, and service. In our comfort zones, we are relaxed and probably enjoying ourselves.

If we, because of love or some other reason, cross the boundary of our comfort zone, we enter into a discomfort zone. In this zone, we are struggling and suffering. In this zone, we find both the danger of burnout and the opportunity for significant growth as as we meet new challenges. 



Many times the advice given to someone who is feeling down or who is experiencing difficult times is to do something for another person.  By focusing on the other we put our own problems in perspective.  


Life is a never ending journey of reaching out of our comfort zone. We can always reach new levels.

Matthew Donnelly

It’s easy to know what to do when you’re not the person who has to do it. When you actually have to implement the advice, things get complicated and uncomfortable.

If we proceed further in love and cross the boundary of the discomfort zone, we enter a new zone which is difficult to name. It is a zone of both mystery and indescribable joy. In this zone, we are living, giving, praying, 
on the 'edge’. We extend ourselves more than ever before.


 For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

Ivan Panin

4 comments:

Carol Z said...

I know when I stretch beyond what is comfortable I get the most growth. I've found that in my retirement time and it's been difficult to join new groups where I don't know anyone. Wishing you a happy Monday!

betty said...

I do like the safety of my comfort zone, but I too find if I allow myself to get out of that comfort zone, it is a good period of growth. I remember doing that at hospitality at a church we went to where we used to go to. It was hard in the beginning as I totally didn't know what I was doing and even had dreams about things going wrong with it, but as time went on I got more familiar with it and actually enjoyed serving in that way.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I tend to stay put in my comfort zone. But when I seek to put a toe or two in a different zone I find myself enriched by the experience. Great post.

jack69 said...

Lot of truth as usual. We do like our comfort Zones.

I am learning since losing my hearing, I do climb into a shell lots more than I used to. Most of my day is like living in a foreign country and not understanding what is said. BUT I know things could be MUCH worse. So I will try to make the best of this un-comfort zone. ;-) Life is good.