It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 24, Book 15



Luxury isn 't a pleasure but pleasure is a luxury

June 24th - the luxury of love

What a luxury to do something you love to do

Amy Tan

When you think about it, having something to do that you love is really is a treat !  Not everyone is blessed to have that.  Think about the poor, the elderly, the sick and handicapped that cannot do what they want.



The ultimate of being successful is the luxury of giving yourself the time to do what you want to do.
 
Leontyne Price

Little luxuries are available to most of us every day.  We have running water, heat, electricity for lights, not everyone has that.  Due to a storm the other morning I had no electricity here at my house and what an inconvenience .  I’m glad it gets light out early and I had no problem seeing things around the house, but there was no internet connection, no TV or radio, and no air conditioning.   I felt a little out of sorts at not being able to do what I usually do.  

I am spoiled, I have a lot of luxuries. 


 We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.

Charles Kingsley

4 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I know what you mean. When I was younger, I was always running and never felt as if I had time to pause and enjoy the simply things.
Thankfully I learned the lesson as I aged. When you look at others across the world, many of us here lead a gifted life.
R

jack69 said...

YES, it is good to stop and think of the luxuries we here in the USA are afforded. When we start comparing we should be humbled.

I am always amazed and shamed when I see someone envious of those who have more, but never think of the multi millions who have less.

Good and thought provoking post lady, THANKS.

betty said...

So true about our luxuries; so many of the world would deeply appreciate what we have and take for granted. It is funny how we get all turned around when electricity or the internet goes down, but I'm the same way. I do feel out of sorts until everything is working again like it should :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I am glad your power came back on. The little luxuries we afford ourselves during the day are the ones that matter most.