It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 23, Book 15


Family Reunion 2015

June 23rd - family in not an important thing, it is every thing

The most important thing in the world is family and love.
John Wooden

My family is very important to me and I’m thankful to be blessed with a large one !  I just spent the better part of a week with all of my children .  I have two sons that live out of state and it is a rare thing indeed when they both come home at the same time, but they did this year and I was so happy to have all of my seven children together at one time. The others all live in Ohio, but only a few live close by so it was a real effort on the part of all to be together at the same time.  I appreciate all those that had to take time out of their busy lives to come together and make our family reunion possible.  

As it turned out we were still missing a few of the grandchildren, but at least all my own children were all together. When they were young they were very close and I hope that even though time and distance may separate them all that they will always remain so. 


My children


The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. 

Thomas Jefferson

Family is where your heart lives, your memories exist, your laughter is plentiful and your soul is safe. No family is perfect, we may argue and fight but in the end family is family.  The love will always be there.

Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful.  It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life, no matter what. 

In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time.  Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal. 

Every family is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.  

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family. 

Anthony Brandt


6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

What a glorious reunion you had. You all look so happy. You are a beautiful family, indeed. Your quote sums it up, "Family is where your heart lives."

betty said...

That Anthony Brandt quote is so true; we start with and end with family. Gorgeously beautiful handsome family you have, Ma!! I loved the picture of all of you together and then the picture of your children too! Truly something I am sure you will look at for many a day and remember the wonderful memories made from this week spent together.

betty

JeanJournal said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! ~ 7 children? ~ what a great blessing that ALL were together with you! ~~~ My son lives with me since his wife died and my 2 girls live about 30 miles away ~ HOT HOT HOT here close to a hundred degrees all this week ~ you so special and love your blog, Jeanjournal

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful, indeed! I know your heart's so full, Ma.

jack69 said...

This is a great post. What a wonder to get them together, seems near impossible anymore, but seven, that is great.
I know you are VERY proud of them. YOu done well.

We are hot in NC.

Rick Watson said...

Jilda and I never had children but we've had the good fortune to live close by our families and most of them had kids that they were willing to share. They have been a blessing to us.
R