It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 18, Book 15



Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.
Henri Nouwen

June 18 - love is my daily motivation

When we give a little love each day, we begin to notice the random acts of kindness that happen as our day unfolds.  Few things make us feel as good as doing something unselfishly, especially for someone we don’t even know.  When we give a little love all throughout our day, I think that we are the ones that ends up being blessed



Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

Lou Holtz
I am not sure if you have noticed this in your daily interactions, but people are in dire need of being loved.  It does not have to be difficult or time consuming to sprinkle a little love on people. It can be as simple as validating who they are, appreciating something about them, giving them a hug or by just listening .  Opportunities exist everywhere!


It is not our job to determine who is deserving of your love. That is a waste of time and energy.  Our job is to freely give love. 

 Share a little love today and may the love you give be return to you multiplied!

3 comments:

betty said...

I like that thought that it is our job to love freely. I think if we adopt that attitude, it would be easier to reach out to those that need a kind word or a smile or help in any way we can help them.

betty

jack69 said...

It is very true, it is not our job to DECIDE who needs love, but to love. If we spread it out, it will definitely hit the right target.

Love ya and it is going to be dry and hot here today.

TARYTERRE said...

Love this quote of yours. It says it all. "sprinkle a little love on people. It can be as simple as validating who they are, appreciating something about them, giving them a hug or by just listening."