It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 14, Book 15



I pray that the life of this spring and summer may ever lie fair in my memory.

  Henry David Thoreau

June 14 - love remembers

'I remember' is a blessing most of us take for granted.

 It’s true we often take for granted the things we should most appreciate and our ability to remember is one we often forget. 


If you want to live a memorable life, you have to be the kind of person who remembers to remember.

Joshua Foer


I remember when I was a  young Mom

I remember when I was a child

I remember when JFK died

I remember when, there were party lines on the land line phones

 I remember when elevators had attendants!

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on 9/11


I remember when, do you ? I’m sure I’m telling my age here, but there are a lot of things I do remember.

Best memory:  The day I became a Mom


Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains…

 Diane Ackerman 

5 comments:

betty said...

I think the older we get, the more we tend to use "I remember" especially when we see how much things have changed over our lifetimes. I do hope I can always remember what I want to remember and that I don't lose those memories :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

I love this post! Yes, I vividly recall everything you've listed.
In a way, I feel sorry for the younger generation who've no recollection of these monumental events. (Then again, I wonder if my parents felt the same way about things like Pearl Harbor?)

How blessed we are to remember!

TARYTERRE said...

I remember too. Love this quote because I have experienced it. "Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains…"

jack69 said...

There are diseases that STEAL those memories and lock them up so we cannot get to them. How precious are our memories and we SHOULD treasure them. I just tucked my girl in and told her about this entry, and we discussed some of our memories. It is nice to have them.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I seem to be always surprising people by the seeming insignificant things I remember from my childhood--I'm sure that's a piece of being old! But I really think I'm blessed to have good memories--happy memories.