It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 12, 2015

Chapter 6, Page 12, Book 15



If a June night could talk,
it would probably boast it invented romance.

Bern Williams 

June 12 - June is the month of LOVE

I figured it would be a great time to slow down and savor a few June's favorite things. Time to stop and smell the flowers every once in a while.  June is the month with the most daylight hours of the year.  I do love those extra hours of daylight and peace filled evenings watching the clouds go by.


June is also the month my honeysuckle vine blooms.  Who knew that the honeysuckle is a symbol of love, renewal and attraction. This is likely due to its intoxicating fragrance.


My roses are also finally blooming.  Most years they start to bloom in late May.  Also a symbol of love, the rose is iconic for passion, sensuality, ardor and devotion. Roses express fullness of life, vitality and intense fulfillment of desires.



I love picnics, barbeques, summer strolls and backyard parties.  Grilled Burgers and Corn on the Cob are two of my favorites this time of year.


The weather is finally getting warmer and outdoor markets will soon be filled with lots of good veggies and fruit. I’m fortunate enough to live a short drive away from several of them.


There are a lot more things that I love about June, but I’ll save them for another day.  

June is just busting out all over !

3 comments:

betty said...

Wonderful things about June that you enjoy, Ma! I do like the farmer markets here, to go and look at what they have to offer that was grown locally, always so delicious!

betty

jack69 said...

Neat. June does boast some real goodies. And VERY soon I want to see some road side stands...
We were on the road most of the day, but had a wonderful time.

TARYTERRE said...

Love a Farmer's Market. And this quote made my heart sing, "If a June night could talk,
it would probably boast it invented romance."