It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 15


 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Luke 6:45

May 7th - speaking from the heart



    If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don't have it, no matter what else there is, it's not enough.

Ann Landers

What the mouth commonly speaks, generally agrees with what is most in the heart.  A heart full of love will be multiplied, and love will abound. A heart full of hurt will be multiplied, and hurt will abound. The words we speak come directly from our hearts.

When we speak from our hearts and not just from our heads, the message gets through more clearly.  

Sometimes I’m absolutely amazed or maybe I should say I’m horrified at what I hear coming out of peoples mouths.  Other times what is said just takes my breath away.

If what I hear comes from what is in peoples hearts, I’m mystified. We all have our good days and our bad days, but never on my worst day would I say some of the things that I hear in public these days.  

What I’ve been sharing with you so far this year has been what is in my heart.  The world needs love more than it ever has before.  The year is far from being even half way over so I’ll be sharing lots more thoughts on my one word for 2015 - LOVE.  Be prepared there is a whole lot more to come.


When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object.

Milan Kundera,



3 comments:

betty said...

I'm glad there is a lot more to come, Ma, as you share things about love with us. You always find such great quotes or stories and you have so much wisdom about love too :)

It is amazing how "evil" sometimes our heart can be that spills over into our tongue and words. That's why I think God tells us to guard our hearts and to be careful of what we say. Easier to not say anything, even when tempted to do so, then to try to clean up after the fact for hurtful words said.

betty

jack69 said...

It is such a joy to have friends who love and it shows. Too many times folk let their emotions over ride common sense, showing that there is not enough love deep in their hearts.
I agree with Betty again, you do print some great quotes to accompany your wisdom.

TARYTERRE said...

It is hard for some people to hold their tongue. I'm sure many of them regret what is said. Others simply do not care who hears what. Sad, indeed. But Milan Kundera had it right when saying, "When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object.