It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 5, Book 15




Home is an invention
on which no one
has yet improved

Ann Douglas


May 5th  - Enfolded in love

 Love is a mixture of surrendering, opening, soaring, folding inwards and being our authentic self. Is has a blend of nature and nurture. 



Love is hardly one sided.  Love is undemanding, it never asks for anything in return. It feels good to have people around us who love us just for being us. Love isn’t about rules and expectations but about moment to moment kindness.

In case you aren’t familiar with the term fold, it’s a group of people or institutions that share a common faith, belief, activity, or enthusiasm.  More often than not,  I’m folded in the loving arms of my family.  Wrapped tightly into their love is very often what gives my life meaning,  


You don’t have to be a family to be in a fold, but my family fold is where I’m most at peace.  We love inviting others into our fold and have many friends that are just like family.  I think we'd all agree that love isn’t one sided at all.  

I hold to the truth that my loved ones are always enfolded in God’s love.


3 comments:

betty said...

I too am glad I am enfolded in God's love :) I hadn't heard that term fold before as you described it, Ma, but I do like how it is used :)

so true that love is not one sided.

betty

jack69 said...

Folded and wrapped in love! What could be better?
Sweet lady.
WE are looking at a beautiful day.

TARYTERRE said...

What a sweet quote. Keen insight by Ann Douglas. "Home is an invention on which no one has yet improved."