It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 3, Book 15


Flexible people 
never get bent
out of shape!

Anonymous

May 3rd - Love does


Oh what's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a second hand emotion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart
When a heart can be broken
Tina Turner


Being flexible is one of the best attributes we can have.  

As a mom of a large family I learned to be flexible in ways I never imagined. Parents with two children cannot fathom how a mother of a large family manages to cope with all the work necessary to keep up a home as well as have enough time to love each child.

As my children got older, the lesson only grew in uncountable ways.  Life always brings surprises and very often changes our plans.  Even though the children are grown, my baby is now in his 30’s, I’m still learning new ways of doing things, I’m still flexing my heart muscles.  


Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.

Virginia Satir

Life is meant to be enjoyed and if we want, can be filled with love and happiness.  We can’t set standards or rules where they will never be used or applied.  

Love makes all things possible



5 comments:

jack69 said...

A good one MA. I have never thought of this. One of your insightful statements, and I love it:

Even though the children are grown, my baby is now in his 30’s, I’m still learning new ways of doing things, I’m still flexing my heart muscles.
*******************
Yes, we do wonder at the amazing ability of a mother of a large brood.
YOu have explained it well in that statement.

betty said...

It truly is good to be a flexible person and to go with the flow instead of being rigid indeed.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Being an 'only' child and having an 'only' of my own, I suspect I'm too rigid.
Now I may be too old to change my stripes, but loved hearing your perspective.

Hope your Sunday is delightful!

Hollie said...

I can only imagine as I have one child as you know. God knew I couldn't handle more than one!! LOL Sometimes I think Colt is 12 in 1, but I couldn't imagine my life without him!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I had 2 children and they were a handful. my best friend had 4. So I know how flexible you had to be in your own life. I love this quote here today by Virginia Satir, "Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."