It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 28, Book 15





The look of love. Is in your eyes. 
A look your smile can't disguise. 
The look of love . Is saying so much more than. 
Just words could every say.

by Burt Bacharach and Hal David

May 28th - the look of love



What does love look like?

It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.

Saint Augustine

If you were to put a face on love, what would you see? I know what love looks like, It's in everything I see.


When a man is in love with a woman, what does that look like? Those two are in love. How about when a couple has a little baby, and the love that they feel for that little one? How about the love that a child has for a pet? How about the love that some people have for food? These are all the many different faces of love.

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear. 

When you see love, you know love



3 comments:

betty said...

Such a cute picture of the dog and the cat :) I like that quote from Saint Augustine; I think that defines what love looks like; especially to go out and help those that need help.

betty

jack69 said...

I am sitting here thinking, there are words, feelings the average person cannot put into words,'the look of Love' is one to me. I know it when I see it, but I read this entry and smiled especially towards the end when I read this:
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Now how sweet that is! (and how true).

TARYTERRE said...

I think Saint Augustine said it best, "It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."