It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 27, Book 15


Any love is natural and beautiful that lies within a person’s nature.
Truman Capote

May 27th - friend or foe?

When you have a loving nature it means that you are, by nature, loving. Naturally coming across as warm and caring toward other people, loving easily. It's a good thing.

I’ve know several people that act like they love you and come across as being very friendly but then gossip about you behind your back.  It really hurts when you find out that they aren’t the person you thought they were.  Suddenly what you thought was a caring relationship fades into the past.  

 We are naturally hopeful, loving, playful, energetic, funny, giving, cooperative and flexible.  I do not think it is natural to be hateful, spiteful or greedy.  These things go right against our grain, against our nature.   I think a lot of that has to do with influences outside our nature.


Anytime we do something that naturally makes us feel good, we thrive. We have as great a need to be loving towards others, as we do to receive love. It’s simply how we’re made.

But you know as well as I that humans are not perfect.  We’ve all made mistakes and need forgiveness.  Perfection is not a part of who we are.  Still and all I do believe that love is a natural and beautiful thing.


Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose.

Unknown

5 comments:

Rose said...

Unfortunately, I think we all have experienced a hurtful display from people we thought were friends but were in fact foes!

The pain lasts a long time when a friend hurts or betrays you. But, in time, we all pull through.

Sad that some people are just not nice.

betty said...

It is so true that our nature is loving; look at little children and babies, but you are right, I think when we grow and get hurt by others, we start building up walls and it is hard sometimes to be naturally loving; takes effort to do so, but worth the effort when we do!

betty

jack69 said...

It is possible to be fooled 'thinking someone has that loving nature'. Only once have I been totally disappointed in a person whom I thought was a friend. The acquaintance wasn't even two years, but I was fully fooled for most of that two years, it was a working relationship.

It was one of those things where 'everyone knew but me,' although I was told several times,"That old boy is a crook jack." I could not believe it.

Truthful entry, but oh how I do appreciate a 'loving nature'.

jack69 said...

It is possible to be fooled 'thinking someone has that loving nature'. Only once have I been totally disappointed in a person whom I thought was a friend. The acquaintance wasn't even two years, but I was fully fooled for most of that two years, it was a working relationship.

It was one of those things where 'everyone knew but me,' although I was told several times,"That old boy is a crook jack." I could not believe it.

Truthful entry, but oh how I do appreciate a 'loving nature'.

TARYTERRE said...

Gossip can be hurtful, it's true. That is why I loved the comment you made, "Anytime we do something that naturally makes us feel good, we thrive." And I might add it makes others feel good too.