It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 25, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 25, Book 15



A Prayer for Our Nation
Helen Steiner Rice

God bless America
and keep us safe and free -
Safe from all our enemies,
wherever they may be...
Teach us to walk humbly
and closer in Thy ways,
Give us faith and courage
and put purpose in our days,
Make each one of us aware
that each must do his part,
For in the individual
is where peace must have its start -
For a better world to live in
where all are safe and free
Must start with faith and hope and love
deep in the heart of me. 


May 25th - love remembers

Memorial Day

Our freedom has never been free
it is sometimes won by men and women who sometimes pay the ultimate price


Today we recognize one of the most sacred American holidays, Memorial Day, a day dedicated to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy to this day. You and I are able to live our lives freely because of these brave men and women, and for that we will remain forever grateful.

 Americans are asked to stop whatever they are doing at 3 p.m. local time to share a minute on Memorial Day and honor those who have died in the cause of freedom. We pause to reflect upon our blessings as a nation and the high cost of those blessings for many.



On this Memorial Day, let us pray for peace.  

 And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I'll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, 'cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA. 

Lee Greenwood



6 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Ma!

betty said...

I liked that prayer for our nation by Helen Steiner Rice. I'm glad we have a day to remember those who fallen for our freedom and I like the moment of silence at 3 p.m. for that purpose.

betty

jack69 said...

Have a wonderful day. Sweet tribute to those who died to give us this freedom.
Love and have a blessed day!

Mevely317 said...

I'd not heard about the silent observance at 3:00... that's pretty neat.

Hope you're enjoying a wonderful day!

TARYTERRE said...

Happy Memorial Day. The moment of silence at 3pm is a fitting tribute.

Rick Watson said...

It was a peaceful day here. I spent a good deal of time thinking about the sacrifices our soldiers and their families made. It's humbling.
R