It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 2, Book 15


Sweet May hath come to love us,
Flowers, trees, their blossoms don;
And through the blue heavens above us
The very clouds move on.
Heinrich Heine, Book of Songs

May 2nd - Love touches


Heartprints  

Author Unknown  
 
Whatever our hands touch -
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There's no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.

Wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.

Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
I felt your touch,
May they also sense the love
that is deep within my heart.



One of the most treasured gifts we have is the ability to give, without expecting something is return. Such unconditional gifts of the heart, like encouragement, hope, love, a kind word and appreciation, fall into this category. The feeling you get inside when you share these gifts is comparable to nothing else. For what we give returns to us, multiplied many times over.

Believing in yourself is not just for you; it's for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now.

Jaye Miller

When we take the time to look around, we may find someone whose life needs our touch.   Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, for all the people you can, while you can. 

A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart.


You are as welcome as the flowers in May.
Charles Macklin

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Lady you said a lot of truth here. Lots of weight behind this statement. I seem to think this describes you:
Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, for all the people you can, while you can.
""""""""""""""""

Yeah, that is how I see it. YOu sure do good here...

betty said...

I like finding someone who needs our touch; lots of people out there like that!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I love the thought, "A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart."

Mevely317 said...

Heartprints. Why, that's such a comforting thought!

In my present situation, I tend to color my workdays 'good' or 'crummy' based on the way in which I'm treated.
Doesn't make much sense, does it.

Maybe, just maybe, I'd find warmer colors were I to practice leaving heartprints on others outside the Circle of Stress. Like you've written, I want to touch those who don't necessarily go around broadcasting their personal dramas.

Thank you for being a friend! :)