It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 19, Book 15



There are the NOWS, WAS’S, and GONNA-BE’S. A NOW is the most precious thing you can have, because a NOW goes by with the speed of light. Let’s say you’re having a beautiful NOW that you want to hold on to forever. No matter how much you want to hold on to it, it’s going to be a WAS. A lot of people get stuck in and can’t let go of the WAS’S. Those WAS’S get heavy, and they start to decay into SHOULDA-COULDAS. And they never have time for the new NOW.

 Sid Caesar


May 19th - Love now

Many dream of someday when they can spend more time doing what they love or being with those they love. The truth is that life is to short to put off anything we love.  There is always enough time if we make the time to do what we love and time to spend with the people we love.  We need to put those things on the calendar and follow through.  


Live in the moment and you get a momentous life

In the end, you will not regret the things you have done nearly as much as the things you have left undone.  It’s always better to be left with a few 'oh wells’, than a bunch of 'what ifs’.

Someday Syndrome has three different varieties: Someday My Ship Will Come In, I’ll Get Around To It Someday, and I Might Need It Someday.


Someday you will want to look back at your life and say, I can’t believe I did that! instead of, Gosh, I wish I would have…

It’s important to live for today, not for tomorrow, not for when we think we’ll have it all together. The time to find our happiness not ‘someday', but now.


 Someday is not a day of the week. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Putting off tomorrow what you can do today has been something I have grappled with in my life, for sure. Therefore I love the things you say about this subject. Particularly this, "It’s always better to be left with a few 'oh wells’, than a bunch of 'what ifs’."

jack69 said...

I like today's entry. Seemed a lighthearted/serious one.
I smiled at the opening quote by Sid Caesar, using 'down-home' language.

Hope you have sunshine today.

betty said...

That is so true about the someday syndrome. We need to live for today and not put off that which we want to do in life.

betty

Rick Watson said...

One of the most commented columns/blog entries I've written was about Someday.
Excellent post.
R