It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 18, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 15




Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. 

Vincent van Gogh

May 18th - Love much


The way to know life is to love many things

I do love many things and am interested in many things.  Because there is so much I love to do there are somedays its very hard to choose what I will do.  There are times too that when my family members are around it’s hard to know who I’ll hug first.  Group hugs are wonderful but so are individual hugs.  I think I need more arms.  So much to do and so many to love.

I can truthfully say that the more I find to love, the more there is to love. It’s important to be inclusive, to make lots of friends and to have many hobbies. When we were young we were taught to be good at many things, not just math, but English, too. Not just football, but baseball as well, so that we’re never boxed too tightly into one corner. So that we don’t just have one thing and then nothing to fall back on.

We were taught that it’s better to spread ourselves thin, to have many things so that there is always something to catch us. We’re taught that if we love things enough, they will keep us afloat.

Life without something to love is not living.  As we get older, we know that to love something so much, a career, a person, a dream, a challenge, is to surrender to it, knowing it’s the thing we love. It’s the thing that gives us life.



Love is many things, but it is never deceitful. Nothing toxic comes from genuine love. What is done in love is done well. Remember that.


3 comments:

jack69 said...

There are times I have spread myself too thin. But then something comes up to prove me wrong, or at least I think so. (smile)
Life is not a simple thing, but at times I am simple.

Love from a sunny day here in North CArolina.

betty said...

It is neat, Ma, you have so many to hug you need to think who to hug first :)

It is easy to spread ourselves too thin I think, especially when we are younger and raising kids. It is also good though to have a lot of interests that one doesn't get bored and can always find something they enjoy doing :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

In the old days I used to spread myself thin. Nowadays not so much. So I know the point you were making. Loved the quote you started off with by Vincent van Gogh, "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well."