It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Chapter 5, Page 13, Book 15



What I do today is very important because
I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

Outside my window, a new day I see,
And only I can determine what kind of day it will be.

It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay,
Or boring and cold… unhappy and gray.

My own state of mind is the determining key,
For I am only the person I let myself be.

I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help,
Or be selfish and think just of myself.

I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun,
Or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.

I can be patient with those who may not understand,
Or belittle and hurt them as much as I can.

But I have faith in myself and believe what I say,
And I personally intend to make the best of each day.


Author unknown 



May 13 - Love’s a state of mind

There are many things in life 
that will catch your eye,
But only a few will catch your heart…
Pursue these

Anonymous

Wouldn’t you love to look back on your life and know you had done what you were called to do? I think that we can, if what we do includes the good intentions of others.  There is very little that I do that doesn’t involve either my family or my friends.  And sometimes what I do involves complete strangers too.

There is a saying that I try to live by which says, Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day. Sometimes, we overlook things and tend to neglect what’s really important for us. Learn to appreciate your family and friends. Appreciation doesn’t mean being always thankful for big things. Sometimes, it’s the small things that count the most.




Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

Marcus Aurelius

Remember:  If you do need to see a miracle to strengthen your faith all you need to do is look in the mirror, for the miracle is you.

I’m better than I used to be.
Better than I was yesterday.
But hopefully
not as good as I’ll be tomorrow.

 Marianne Williamson

4 comments:

betty said...

Such pretty flowers! That would be interesting to look back on our lives and wonder if we accomplished what we were meant to accomplish. I do think we just need to continue to strive on and do the best we can with every day we have left on planet earth.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with you that the small things MATTER MOST. The purple flowers are so pretty. Love this quote from the first poem, "Outside my window, a new day I see, And only I can determine what kind of day it will be."

jack69 said...

I like the pictures, and of course one must appreciate Mr. or Ms. Unknown, they do a great job, and you do a good job of finding them.

Thanks for the LIFT!

Rick Watson said...

Bear Bryant, the legendary coach at the University of Alabama used to carry that piece in his wallet.
He said he read it often.