It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 06, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 6, Book 15



An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding; and it is not to be found in foreign lands, but in the heart itself.

Robert Louis Stevenson


April 6th - finding love

Plant each hour a thought of love for those who have hurt you, destroy the idea that anyone can take away your happiness. Love begets love, so remember this law of sowing and reaping, for the more love you give, the more will be returned to you.

Albert E. Cliffe

I hold on to many things in life: precious memories, treasures, talents, skills, beloved friends and family. I cherish them all, for they have helped me become who I am today. I also value the challenges and difficulties I have, with the good Lord’s help, overcome, as they, too, have fueled my growth.



Never let someone steal your happiness, it was never theirs to take.
 Author Unknown 

There have been many people and many events in my life that have tried to steel away my happiness.  But because my faith has been instilled in me from the beginning of time, I  can truthfully say they didn’t succeed.  Love overcomes and there is nothing can steel that away from me.  



People will let you down but God will never let you go.

 If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, you do have a pretty big problem.  The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.

We each define our own life.  Don’t let other people write your life’s story for you.

The pictures today are of some crocuses blooming here.  They are the very first blossoms to appear here this year.  


Life is short and we never have enough time for gladdening the hearts
of those who travel the way with us.  O, be swift to love!
Make haste to be kind.

Henri Frédéric Amiel

Life is too short to be anything but kind.


5 comments:

betty said...

Such pretty blooms starting, Ma! So true that love overcomes all and that we can't rely on someone else for our own happiness. We have to draw our strength from God and take delight in him :)

betty

Sr. Ann Marie said...

The sun is shining today--it really looks like spring! Thank you for stopping by my blog during Holy Week--I enjoy your visits and your comments. Glad you liked my poems!

Carol Z said...

I think spring has really arrived in New York and not a minute too soon. I hope you had a very happy Easter and a bright and sunny Monday.

jack69 said...

That is a fact, HE will never let you down.
Love the blooms, We have spring here.

TARYTERRE said...

Love your pretty blooms. None here yet. The quote today that caught my eye and resonated with me is, "Never let someone steal your happiness, it was never theirs to take." So true.