It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 4, Book 15




April 4 - Appreciate Love

If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation. 

Osho



Showing appreciation to those around us is a wonderful way to show our love.  Words of appreciation do make such a difference in others lives.  I know I like to feel appreciated so I can imagine what it means to others.  


We have hundreds of ways to express our feelings, through words and gestures both large and small. All too often, however, we keep our feelings to ourselves assuming that those we care for know how much they mean to us. The truth is, they often don’t.



The next chance you get, tell that special someone how much joy they bring into your life. Let them know how special they are to you. Make sure you give a hug and get a hug.


Words are a Gift
William Arthur Ward

Our words can harm or they can bless;
They can be warm or can cause stress.
Our words can lift or can destroy;
Words are a gift that should cause joy.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I like to think I show my appreciation, but there are times I look back and say to my self, I should have told that clerk I appreciated the smile.
You mix your comments and the quotes very well. I know your family get a lot of valuable 'Quotes' from you.
I can imagine your children saying to their kids, "Your grandma said, 'This', then the quote."

Looks like a beautiful day outside.

betty said...

I like that "love is about appreciation." I was reading someone's blog yesterday that said she didn't like to pick flowers because she knew they were then taken away from their nutrition. She liked bouquets in the house of them, but would wait until the flowers were close to dying before she picked them for the house. I liked that.

So true with the Words poem that you shared here. I definitely want to use words that bless and do not cause stress.

We are heading downtown later this morning to view the children's Easter egg hunt; of course we have no kids participating but thought it would be fun.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Great advice, Ma. A few years ago I snapped a photo (couldn't get it to paste on here) of a simple sign planted among a bed of yellow flowers: "Please don't pick us. We're smiling at God."

Come to think of it, I feel the most appreciated when folks take the time to leave a comment on my blog.

Happy Easter!

TARYTERRE said...

"Words are a Gift." No doubt about this. They can bring much love and joy into the lives of others.