It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 15


There are three roads that we can take in life:  

The low road – where we treat people worse than they treat us

The middle road – where we treat people the same as they treat us

The high road – where we treat people better than they treat us

John C. Maxwell 



April 26th - Love takes the high road

When you 'take the high road’ it means doing the right thing even if its not popular or easy. If a person wrongs you, no need to go and seek revenge or let it worry you. Take the high road and let them take the low road. In the long run that person will have probably wronged many people and their reputation is tarnished.  Their road is rougher. While if you don't let it bother you and stick to doing the right thing, life will more likely work out for you as you are not bothered by the negative stress and your reputation is better.



Always take the high road; the benefits may not be immediate, but they are inevitable.

Like a High Road the view is often better and you can travel faster, while the low road is slower and has more obstacles and traffic lights.


Taking the high road is hard work-- walking uphill requires strength and effort. Anyone can take the low road--walking downhill is easy.

Rachel St. John-Gilbert

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I definitely prefer the high road, I do believe the benefits are inevitable.
Over cast here and even a little cool, 55* now.
Love from NC

betty said...

I agree with taking the high road and not getting revenge if someone has wronged you. Better to live life with integrity I think.

betty

Mevely317 said...

I sure enjoyed this analogy. A lot!

TARYTERRE said...

Loved this post. I have been wronged by a person on their high horse and I think I shall take your advice here today. "Always take the high road; the benefits may not be immediate, but they are inevitable."

Carol Z said...

So good to remember. I hear my mother's voice when I'm about to get on the low road, "You be the bigger person." She must have said it to me 1,000 times. So glad she did.

Rick Watson said...

Your posts lift my spirits.
R