It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 25, Book 15


Open Up Your Heart

Smilers never lose and frowners never win. 
So let the sunshine in, 
Face it with a grin.
 Open up your heart and let the sunshine in. 

by Stuart Hamblen


April 25th - Don’t knock, the doors always open

Loved people are loving people. 

 Katharine Hepburn

Unlike the doors of my house, my heart is always open.  It’s open to more and more ways that love can fill my days, so I can share more love to people, animals, flowers, anyone.  It seems to me that sunshine, happiness, laughter and joy always come when you let it in. 

An open heart is a heart that is not afraid; it knows how to endure sadness. It knows how to heal and how to forgive. It is strong and loving. An open heart is not exclusively feminine or masculine. At its most basic, an open heart is a heart that is not afraid to love deeply. It is not blind to cost, or reason, or practicality, but it’s not necessarily governed by those factors either. An open heart sees possibilities. It has vision. It is patient, it is wise.


When the heart opens, we forget ourselves and the world pours in: this world, and also the invisible world of meaning that sustains everything that was and ever shall be.

Roger Housden

I've heard a lot of people express the importance of keeping an open mind. But I don't think that's nearly as important as keeping an open heart. It is not my mind that allows me to be moved by compassion, to be understanding, to love others. It is my heart.


I am loved so therefore I can love.


5 comments:

jack69 said...

Even though we have rain, I have been singing that little ditty "Let the Sun shine in" almost constantly lately.
Good one. THANKS

betty said...

I like the thought of having an open heart, you are right, Ma, our emotions like compassion and care and mercy do come from the heart, not our mind. Great thoughts today!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautifully said. Our heart carries us through so much and we can either love others, be compassionate and love life or we can become bitter souls. I choose to let my heart love others, forgive easily and carry compassion wherever I go. I think it's a choice we make and although it hasn't always been easy for me I'm much better at it now than ever before. Wonderful post!

Mevely317 said...

I sure agree with your mention, (that) an open heart is more important than an open mind.
Sure, I've been wounded for having cared too much ... who hasn't? That's life.

Beautiful tulips!

TARYTERRE said...

I think an open heart and an open mind go hand in hand. "An open heart sees possibilities. It has vision."