It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 24, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 24, Book 15



Brighten Your Corner


We cannot all be famous
or be listed in Who's Who,
But every person, great or small,
has important work to do.

For seldom do we realize
the importance of small deeds,
Or to what degree of greatness
unnoticed kindness leads.

For it's not the big celebrity
in a world of fame and praise,
But it's doing unpretentiously
in an undistinguished way.

The work that God assigned to us,
unimportant as it seems,
That makes our task outstanding,
and brings reality to dreams.

So do not sit and idly wish
for wider, new dimensions
where you can put into practice,
your many good intentions.

But at the spot God placed you
begin at once to do,
Little things to brighten up
the lives surrounding you.

If everybody brightened up
the spot where their standing,
By being more considerate,
and a little less demanding.

This dark old world would very soon
eclipse the evening star,
If everybody brightened up
the corner where they are!


Author unknown 

April 24th - Love works


It is the general rule of the moral universe that those men prosper who do their work with all their hearts, while those are almost certain to fail who go to their labor leaving half their hearts behind them. 

Charles Spurgeon

There was a time that I felt like I left half my heart at home when I had to go off to work.  Thankfully the job I had was something I enjoyed and I put my heart into that too.

There are times when we just have to enjoy being where we are and be content with what ever it is we have to do.  Not everything we do in life is something we like but because we are doing it, we make the most of whatever it is.

Whatever job we have we can be grateful because at the end of an exhausting day we can be satisfied knowing we’ve done something useful.  Work is a gift and a blessing.

Remember:  no matter where you work, you actually work for yourself. After all, it's your life. 

 We have only one life to live. We want to make the most of it. A very wise person once said, If you are not happy anywhere, you will not be happy anywhere.  It took me a few years to figure that one out. But she was right. Be happy today, regardless of circumstances. 


The comfortable and comforting people are those who look upon the bright side of life; gathering its roses and sunshine and making the most that happens seem the best.

Dorothy Dix

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Today I must admit your comments oversahdows the sweet poem and the quotes. You said so much today this hit me:
There was a time that I felt like I left half my heart at home when I had to go off to work. Thankfully the job I had was something I enjoyed and I put my heart into that too.*********
And then you expressed how I feel:

Remember no matter where you work, you work for your self, +++ Or words to that affect.

You done Good. I liked it.

betty said...

That was great wisdom you were given about happiness; it is so true; circumstances don't make us happy, happiness comes from within and I know you practice that a lot with your gratitude!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You touched a nerve with this post. I love the poem you opened with and found this quote the most meaningful to me, " Every person, great or small,
has important work to do." How we contribute, makes a difference, whatever the job or lack thereof.

Rose said...

"If you are not happy anywhere, you will not be happy anywhere". That surely was a sentence to keep dwelling in your mind.

Great Post as always