It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 16, Book 15



Right now is your sole opportunity to live this day. Live it true to who you are, true to what you believe, and true to all you love.

 Ralph Marston


April 16th - Be true to what you love


We are all very different when we are at our best than when we are at our worst. We can even seem like two different people sometimes. 

Relationships bring out the best and the worst in all of us and most everyone needs someone, at some time, to give them something, in order to become the someone they long to become. 

In life you’ll realize there is a purpose for everyone you meet.  Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you.  But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you.

Remember: It is okay to be angry.  It is never okay to be cruel.


When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.

 William Arthur Ward

I read somewhere once that we tend to judge ourselves by our intentions and other people by their actions. I feel strongly that it is so very important to bring out the best in ourselves and others and I’ve found that the best way to bring out the best in someone is to praise generously and be sincere



 Don't just be yourself, be your best self.

 I’ve been told that you’re part of the problem, or you’re part of the solution.  It’s always motivating to know you are part of the solution.

Because sometimes
you have to step outside of the person you’ve been,
and remember the person you were meant to be,
the person you wanted to be,
the person you are.

H.G. Wells

I hope to live my life in such a way that I am part of the solution, not part of the problem.

3 comments:

betty said...

So true Ma that everyone in our life is there for a reason, even if they are there to test us. I have who is a bit needy at times and although I understand their need, it can be frustrating sometimes as it is a definite one sided relationship, but I'm trying to be kind and encouraging because like you said, I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. I like the thought from H.G. Wells to don't just be ourselves but be our best selves!

betty

jack69 said...

I never thought about it too much but this jewel hit me, It is so very true!
Remember: It is okay to be angry. It is never okay to be cruel.

That says so much about us.

Never is it right to be cruel...

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE this, love this sentiment, "Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you." Couldn't agree with you more.