It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 11, Book 15




This Moment


I may never see tomorrow. There's no written guarantee, and things that happened are history. I cannot predict the future. I cannot change the past. I have just the present moment. I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away, and be lost forever as part of yesterday. I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet. Be a friend unto the friendless, make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today may never be undone, and friendships that I fail to win may nevermore be won. I may not have another chance on bended knees to pray, and I thank God with a humble heart for giving me this day.


Author Unknown 



April 11 - love lends a hand

To look up and not down,
To look forward and not back,
To look out and not in, — and
To lend a hand.

Edward Everett Hale

At one time or another I think most of us have been very appreciative of a helping hand.  I also think that most of us would also offer a helping hand to those in need.  It’s part of who we are and we like to help others when and where we can.

It’s easy to get so wrapped up in fixing your own life that you forget about helping others. And while its important to put yourself first sometimes, its even more important to help others whenever you can.

Life is a school where you learn how to remember what your soul already knows. 

Author Unknown

Kindness is one of the greatest gifts you can bestow upon another. If someone is in need, lend them a helping hand. Do not wait for a thank you. True kindness lies within the act of giving without the expectation of something in return.

Signs of Spring are popping up all around us here right now.  I'm reminded just how blessed we are.



To be doing good is man’s most glorious task.

Sophocles

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right. A helping hand is always appreciated, given or received.

Hollie said...

Wise words!! Spring is popping up here as well!! The love Spring!!!

betty said...

I liked that "This Moment" it is so true we might not get the next moment of our lives. It is always good to take the time to help others; those random acts of kindness can be so appreciated by others.

betty

Mevely317 said...

Sweet reminder, Ma! Those flowers are exquisite ... my favorite color!