It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 10, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 15


The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people goin' by
I see friends shaking hands saying, How do you do
They're really saying I love you.
I hear babies cry, I watch then grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know;
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world;
Yes, I think to myself, What a wonderful world.
Oh yeah!

 Louis Armstrong   



April 10 - Love says hello



You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.

 Indira Gandhi

A handshake is an expression of goodwill, gratitude and congratulations. Many people believe that a handshake reveals something about the character of the person who gives it. A firm handshake reflects a confident personality while a floppy handshake reveals a shy one.


Remember:  A Hug is a handshake from the heart

warm handshake can help to establish a relationship; holding a person's hand can be very comforting.  Heartfelt handshakes can be a very uplifting healing experience.

The human touch can actually give more than a second of solace; touch can comfort and heal.  Touch can also bond us together in ways that transcend words or in situations in which words may not help.  It is no wonder people feel good about themselves when they give or receive a hug. It is a sign that someone cares for them.


Open and outstretch your hand.

A friend is:
a push when you have stopped,
a chat when you are lonely,
a guide when you are searching,
a smile when you are sad,
a song when you are glad.

Anonymous

3 comments:

betty said...

That is so true about the human touch; it can heal and soothe indeed! I liked that poem about what a friend is, the author said it well!

betty

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love both the song sung by Louie Armstrong and the poem. A number of years ago our sisters put on a concert to raise money for our retirement residence and was one of the songs we sang. And the poem really does describe several of my close friends--one in particular.

TARYTERRE said...

A handshake used to be an important ritual. Now everyone wants to do the fist bump thing instead. I do not feel it conveys the same level of intimacy or respect. But they say you get less germs using it. So that's all I know.