It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 15



The chief beauty about time
is that you cannot waste it in advance.
The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,
as perfect, as unspoiled,
as if you had never wasted or misapplied
a single moment in all your life.
You can turn over a new leaf every hour
if you choose.
Arnold Bennett


April 1st - a fresh start begins with love


You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down but the staying down. 

Mary Pickford

Don’t you love fresh starts.  It’s Spring and my little part of the world looks like it’s starting over.  Slowly but surely things are coming to life here.  What was a blah and wintry world is starting to show some signs of color.  March has turned into April, and flowers will soon start to bloom. Trees will bud. A crisp freshness fills the air. Birds chirp. You feel a sense of newness of life. Everything comes to life again.




Spring has sprung!


It is a time of transition, a renewal as God’s creation bursts back to life after dormancy, spring is such a great opportunity to enjoy nature’s beauty.  Drink in the sunshine and breathe in the fresh air as you begin to plan how you will spend the summer months. Enjoy the flowers of all sizes, shapes, colors and fragrant scents.

Spring is naturally when one should think about starting anew. We feel energized after being cooped up all winter. After months of cabin fever, many of us will spring into action. We set new goals and make lists of all we want to accomplish.


The next time you pass a budding cherry blossom, or see that first red breasted robin, consider the many wonderful aspects of how God designed spring and give thanks!

April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks Go. 

Christopher Morley

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I always smile at your pictures, I like the layout. but I had NEVER read this, and it went thruy my mind as I enjoyed my visit here this morning:

The chief beauty about time
is that you cannot waste it in advance.

WOW that knocked my socks off. I had never thought of that.

We have the sun here and headed to the 80's me thinks.

TARYTERRE said...

Loved the quote by Arnold Bennett about not being able to waste time in advance.

betty said...

I liked that Christoper Morley theme; that is a good description of spring. It is interesting here how trees started blooming in February but there are still some that haven't yet, but you can see they are getting ready too. Spring is a great season to get out and enjoy all the wonders God has made!

betty

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm catching up on my blogging finally and touching base with people like you who I've neglected since January. I'm glad I did. I just finished reading your previous blog about dust. I love it, my philosophy exactly. Enjoy the spring...my favorite season.