It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 8, Book 15



To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.

Henri Frederic Amiel

March 8 - love grows with age

Birthdays are supposed to be a joyous celebration, right? I’ve had quite a colorful journey and certainly enjoyed many wonderful birthdays in my life.  You can say many things about turning another year older, but one thing you can’t say with a straight face is that you still have your whole life in front of you.  More than half my life is behind me.  

Some people say they don't like to celebrate their birthdays anymore because they do not want to emphasize getting older.  My opinion is different, I love to celebrate another birthday, to have a reason to gather with family, to acknowledge that one special day each year when we throw a party and reflect on the how our amazing journey began.  


  I really think though, that age is irrelevant. Wherever we are in our journey is a starting point. It’s important to remember that whoever or whatever it is we’re chasing, we all need to slow down a bit and realize that life is not a race. Every moment of the journey is to be enjoyed and savored for what it is.

Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us.

Orison Swett Marden

I think there are 3 simple rules in life

1.  If you do not GO after what you want, you’ll never have it
2.  If you do not ASK, the answer will always be no.
3.  If you do not STEP forward,  you will always be in the same place.


Every day may not be a good one but we can find some good in every day. Look for and enjoy the precious moments. If you never stop seeking then you’ll never cease to be amazed by what you might find.  And if every point is a starting point then every day can be your birthday!


As long as one can admire and love, then one is forever young. 

Pablo Casals

5 comments:

peggy said...

Dear Pam, I am struggling with that last chapter for sure! I will have to think of that starting point strategy. Happy Sunday.

TARYTERRE said...

Did you just have a birthday? If you did, Happy Belated Birthday. I absolutely love your 3 simple rules in life. They are perfect. "1. If you do not GO after what you want, you’ll never have it 2. If you do not ASK, the answer will always be no.
3. If you do not STEP forward, you will always be in the same place."

betty said...

Happy Birthday Ma!!! I hope you have a great time celebrating your special day!! I like your attitude about celebrating birthdays; I tend to want to ignore mine, but I think I will adopt your philosphy and enjoy celebrating it when it comes up later this year :)

Enjoy your birthday!!!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Lovin' your attitude, Ma!
Happy 'fiscal New Year' to youuuuu!

jack69 said...

Sweet. I do not plan to stop celebrating the birthdays either. I am very proud of each one.
Things to think about, and I like that.
Been very busy this day, glad to have the quietness of the computer.
Is this your way of sneaking a birthday in. I remember yousaying something about it being soon. If so:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Also Love from florida...