It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 29, Book 15



I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

 Martin Luther King, Jr. 


March 29th - loving choices


All my life I have had a choice of hate and love. I chose love and I am here.

A.R. Rahman

I learned a long time ago that hate will kill our spirits and steal away our souls.  I believe that hate in the heart is where injustices begin. I believe that if hate is allowed to fester it can grow like a wild fire. I believe nothing good comes out of hate.

I often have to remind myself that I do have a choice in everything I do and say. It’s not what happens to us, but how we react that matters. I’ve chosen to love instead of hate. Not always easy but certainly not impossible.  Because with love all things are possible.

 I've found that we live our best lives, we are at our most successful, not simply because we're smarter than everyone else, or because we hustle harder. The key to success, the key to happiness, is opening your mind and your heart to love. Spending your time doing things you love and with people you love.


No matter what, we always have the power to choose hope over despair, engagement over apathy, kindness over indifference, enthusiasm over lethargy, love over hate. This is our true freedom. Whatever life may throw at us, we have the freedom and ability to choose our attitude. And I believe it is in those moments of choice that we manifest our destiny.

Cory Booker

If you love you do your best, and doing your best is something you can always do. Doing your best simply requires that which you are capable of, no more.  If you understand love you know you can love people even if they do not love you. 

It breaks my heart to see how much hate still exists in the world.  When you hate those who hate you, you are doing the same wrong to them they are doing to you.  If it is our choice to love or not, we should choose to love every moment of our life. That means we should love even if we are not loved, even if we are hated.

I try to keep the word hate out of my vocabulary.  Just like worry and anger, life is to short for me to have room for anything I hate.  Hate takes up too much room in the heart. It doesn’t leave room for the good. Love makes room for something more.

Love doesn’t expect or demand it’s own way. Love makes room for imperfection. Love wakes the dead heart and makes it come alive.  Love accepts. Love sets free and doesn’t hold back. Love isn’t jealous or unkind. Love doesn’t seek revenge. Love forgives. Love doesn’t deny or take away. Love doesn’t leave room for hate.

I choose love because I believe love is the answer.



When you choose love over hate, faith over despair and acceptance over intolerance, you are doing your part to change the world. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Love the sky shot!
I agree, hate should be banished from our vocabulary. When I see hateul people I never envy living in their skin no matter their station in life.

Love from a cool South Carolina, but it is supposed to warm up from here on... Yeah..
The wild flower are beautiful Sherry thinks these are some kind of lily! Hundreds of them and they are very fragile.

Rose said...

I agree. Hate needs to stop!

betty said...

I so agree Ma with your last line "I choose love because I believe love is the answer." It is sad with the hate in this world, I don't see it getting much better, but it is always good when we try to overcome it with love, no matter how small an effort, it is always a better effort to love than to hate.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love your glass globe filled with pretty flowers. Is it a musicbox? LOVE is indeed the answer to what is wrong with the world.