It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 24, Book 15



Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, and all of the others including Love.

One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all repaired their boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to persevere until the last possible moment. When the island was almost sinking, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, Richness, can you take me with you?  Richness answered, No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, Vanity, please help me! I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat, Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, Sadness, let me go with you.  Oh, Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!

Happiness passed by Love too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, Come Love, I will take you. It was an elder. Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he even forgot to ask the elder her name.

When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Love, realizing how much he owed the elder asked Knowledge, another elder, Who helped me?

It was Time, Knowledge answered.

Time? asked Love. But why did Time help me?

Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered,

Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is.

Author Unknown


March 24th - Time to love

The important message is that when we are prosperous, we overlook love. When we feel important, we forget love. Even in happiness and sorrow we forget love. Only with time do we realize the importance of love. Why wait that long? Why not make love a part of our lives always.


THE CLOCK OF LIFE

THE CLOCK OF LIFE IS WOUND BUT ONCE..!
AND NO ONE HAS THE POWER...
TO TELL JUST WHEN THE HANDS WILL STOP...
WHAT DAY OR WHAT HOUR...
NOW IS THE ONLY TIME YOU HAVE...
SO LIVE IT AS YOU WILL...
DON'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW...
THE HANDS MAY THEN BE STILL……!


Life is not a matter of of counting the years...It is a matter of making the years count


Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory.

Susan B. Anthony

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

That was an interesting story about love and time. Lessons to be learned there for sure. I love the quote you made, "Life is not a matter of of counting the years...It is a matter of making the years count." So true.

jack69 said...

Oh I loved readingall of this. Some neat quotes. but my jewel is:


Life is not a matter of of counting the years...It is a matter of making the years count.

And I don't think I ever read a quote of Susan B. before. Neat, thanks...
We are over cast here, rain coming, we leave to follow spring north in a few days...

betty said...

That is a good lesson about love and time! We need to make time for love, no matter what season we may be in because as you do say, Ma, love is worth it all and the best gift we give and receive.

betty

Jean said...

What a great post as always Ma. It's a little cooler here in Alabama today with the sun peeking out every now and then. Take care. Jean