It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 21, Book 15



The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!

Robert Browning


March 21st - loving Spring

I will greet this day with love in my heart.

And how will I do this?  Henceforth will I look on all things with love and
I will be born again.  I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will
love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.  I will love the light for it shows me
the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.  I will
welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness
for it opens my soul.  I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due;
yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.

Og Mandino



Even though we officially welcomed Spring yesterday, I’ve found that the first day of spring isn’t always on the calendar.  

My challenge is this...

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.

 Henry Van Dyke, Fisherman's Luck


Spring is here, but it doesn't feel like it.  The furnace is still running to keep the house warm.  The snow is gone for now though and the tulip tops have pushed up through the soil.  There are no leaves on the trees, but buds are appearing.  



I found this story  about a bird named Chanticleer who thought his crowing brought the sun up each morning? Day after day he got up at dawn and crowed. Sure enough, the sun did rise! It was only logical to him that he was responsible for this sequence. One day, though, he became preoccupied with some personal problems and forgot to crow. Sure enough, the sun rose anyway! How silly we are when we puff ourselves up. We elevate ourselves much more surely through simple humility. Our joy should not be found in being better than others, but in being the best we can be.





You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones.

Dale Earnhardt

It is always important to believe in ourselves and in what we have to offer and give. It’s not arrogant or presumptuous to believe in yourself.  If you believe that what you are doing is the best that you can with what you’ve got, then be content.


You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought

Matthew 5:5 (MSG)


4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I loved this story about the bird named Chanticleer, who thought his crowing brought the sun up each morning. You are so right, simple humility should govern our lives. "Our joy should not be found in being better than others, but in being the best we can be."

betty said...

I like that "don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life." Good advice to pick oneself up after a bad day and to remember all the good days we had before it and know there will be good days ahead!

betty

jack69 said...

You hit this one right!: I’ve found that the first day of spring isn’t always on the calendar.

Lots of folk are finding that out.
And this I really appreciate:
You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less.
That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.

Thanks for a good visit to your house.

Mevely317 said...

Love that quote by Dale Earnhardt. Ya, I've been guilty of that way too often.

I'm really, really trying to take joy in the coming of Spring. Unfortunately, it's already so hot in the house. Doing my best to keep from turning on the money-sucking machine (aka, air conditioner)!