It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 20, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 20, Book 15



Not Live in Vain

Emily Dickinson

If I can stop one heart from breaking
I shall not live in vain,
If I can ease one life the aching
or cool one pain or help one fainting robin unto its nest again,
I shall not live in vain


March 20th - Purpose and love

They say
a person needs just three things
to be truly happy in this world:
someone to love,
something to do,
and something to hope for.

Tom Bodett


I think that truer words were never said than the quote above.  Where would we be with out love, a purpose in life and hope.

There are days as I get older that I don’t think there is much purpose to my life, but I know that since I’m still here, there is a job I still must do.  Over the years I’ve had many people and things to love and I know for a fact my life wouldn’t be the same with out love.


The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. 

 Pablo Picasso

Hope is something that breathes life into my days.  For me to be without hope, is to cease to live. 


We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery. 

H. G. Wells

Remember time waits for no one. The choices you make and the actions you take, today, determine your tomorrows.


Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

 Helen Keller

7 comments:

Rick Watson said...

This post is timely for me these days.thank you for sharing.

betty said...

I think you have a lot of purpose, Ma! Your uplifting encouraging blog posts come to mind plus of course the love and care for your family as you can! So true though that we need to feel loved and do need to feel a purpose in what we do.

betty

Saleslady371 said...

This post is lovely. I really like that Dickenson quote. We have purpose until we take that final breath...you matter greatly!

Jean said...

Great post Ma, I feel the same way sometimes, but I know that I'm needed here. I was going to put up a new blind in the family room, but found out I couldn't do it, ha. Have a guy coming to do
It for me (maybe). Take care, Jean

jack69 said...

YOU DID GOOD. I started to list my favorite quote, and relized I liked them all and your comments.
Good one!
Beautiful day here...

Carol Z said...

I think to your family and friends your life has great purpose. We never know the reason we are put here, but I try to have faith that I can make a good difference in the world. Wishes for a good weekend!

TARYTERRE said...

I think that Tom Bodett is a wise man. Love that quote too. Also love the one from Picasso.