It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 15




If you complain about the world moving too fast, slow down. 

Mike Dolan


March 18 - Love in the slow lane


If I had my life to live over, I'd pick more daisies.
I'd try to make more mistakes next time.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would relax, I would limber up.
I know very few things I would take seriously.
I would take more trips, travel lighter.
I would be crazier. I would be less hygienic. 
I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and less beets.
I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who live practically and sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my mad moments, And if I had it to do over again,
I'd have more of them.
Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many minutes ahead.
I have been one of those people who never go anywhere
Without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat, and road map.
If I had my life to live over,
I would start barefooted earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would ride more merry go rounds, and swing more.
I would do more water and sun-fun things.
I'd turn more somersaults, and roll in the grass, and go barefoot all over.
If I had my life to live over.
I'd spend more time at fun places.
I'd try to be more in touch with God and those I love.
I'd pray aloud more and not care what people think or expect of me.
I'd give more to me, and take more of you.
I'd just be me more and more....
Yes, I'd pick more daisies next time. 

Author Unknown


Love in the slow lane is all about taking time out to see the beauty in life.  We are each given the gift of a new day, but often it goes by with little to show for what we’ve done.  

More and more I’ve come to realize that the moments are what is truly important.  Moments spent well and with good intention.  It’s in the slow lane that we can see what’s right in front of our eyes.  If you’re in the fast lane, life speeds by too quickly.

We live in a world where we can be easily overwhelmed and tempted by a dizzying array of colors, sights, and sounds. Lent provides an opportunity to step back. To look. To listen. To ponder. To go beyond what overwhelms us.


There are two ways to live:
you can live as if nothing is a miracle,
or you can live as if everything is a miracle.

 Albert Einstein

5 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog . I love the idea of love in the slow lane.
Rick

peggy said...

I am going to look for those nice things in the slow lane I use.

jack69 said...

Oh yeah, I am finding out it is nevertoo late to slow down....
AND I LIKE IT!

Beautiful day here in central Florida!

TARYTERRE said...

I really love that poem, "If I had my life to live over". There are many things listed in it that I would do too.

betty said...

I liked that If I had to live my life over; we can't go back but we can learn from that poem on how to live the rest of our lives, slowly, enjoying more of the simple things and not rushing around so much!

betty