It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 17, Book 15



March 17th - Kiss Me I’m Irish!

There is an old Irish Legend that says that Kissing the Blarney stone brings you good luck so if you can't kiss the stone the next best chance of getting good luck is by kissing an Irish person .  

The Blarney Stone is a stone set in the wall of the Blarney Castle Tower in the Irish village of Blarney.  It is customary for a person to kiss the stone while hanging upside down. Railings have been built to assist with this. The legend of the Blarney Stone explains that a king saved an old lady from drowning, so she put a magic spell on the stone. 


I know that I have some Irish Ancestors, but that is about all I know about them.  Still and all I love all the Irish sayings and blessings that turn up every year for St. Patrick’s Day.  

Remember:

An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.
Proverbs 24:26



I hope you all have a Happy St. Patricks Day !

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY. Enjoy!

betty said...

LOL; I can't imagine myself kissing the Blarney Stone upside down! It would be fun to watch people do so though!

Hoping your St. Patrick's Day is a good one too, Ma!

betty

jack69 said...

SWEET, and we too have some Irish in us, but don't know muchmore that that!
I'm with Betty again!

Carol Z said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day wishes. Didn't make it to the Blarney Stone when I was in Ireland this summer. Guess I need a trip back there.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I did get to Blarney Castle on at trip to Ireland a number of years ago. However, a friend and I walked around outside and enjoyed the view. She had already kissed the Blarney stone and I wasn't about to twist myself around to try it--even though I was assured it was perfectly safe!