It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 15, Book 15



Daily Acceptance Prayer
Author Unknown

I accept myself completely.
I accept my strengths and my weaknesses,
my gifts and my shortcomings,
my good points and my faults.

I accept myself completely as a human being.
I accept that I am here to learn and grow,
and I accept that I am learning and growing.
I accept the personality I've developed, and
I accept my power to heal and change.

I accept myself without condition or reservation.
I accept that the core of my being is goodness
and that my essence is love,
and I accept that I sometimes forget that.

I accept myself completely, and in this acceptance
I find an ever deepening inner strength.
From this place of strength, I accept my life fully and
I open to the lessons it offers me today.

I accept that within my mind are both fear and love,
and I accept my power to choose which I will experience as real.
I recognize that I experience only the results of my own choices.

I accept the times that I choose fear
as part of my learning and healing process, and
I accept that I have the potential and power
in any moment to choose love instead.

I accept mistakes as a part of growth,
so I am always willing to forgive myself and
give myself another chance.

I accept that my life is the expression of my thought,
and I commit myself to aligning my thoughts
more and more each day with the Thought of Love.
I accept that I am an expression of this Love.
Love's hands and voice and heart on earth.

I accept my own life as a blessing and a gift.
My heart is open to receive, and I am deeply grateful.
May I always share the gifts that I receive
fully, freely, and with joy.




March 15th - love accepts

Happiness is life served up with a scoop of acceptance, a topping of tolerance and sprinkles of hope, although chocolate sprinkles also work. 

Robert Brault

Too often we believe that the love others give us is more important than the love we give to ourselves.  This puts a tremendous burden on those around us. If you really think about it, we cannot honestly expect someone to fulfill this demand. When we do, we are doomed to disappointment.

At the heart of personality is the need to feel a sense of being lovable without having to qualify for that acceptance. 

Maurice Wagner

The bottom line is that there is nothing anybody can say or do to assure you of your value if you aren't sure of it yourself. It is always important to believe in ourselves and in what we have to offer and give. Surprisingly many people are slow to believe in themselves and to accept what they are. We simply take for granted this beautiful gift of who and what we are that we can share with those who matter most in our lives.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow

Melody Beattie

You may be surprised at the feelings of peace and validation that arise within you, when you feel safe enough to go deep into your soul and share yourself with those you trust. When you bare yourself to another, you are giving them the gift of you and showing them that they also matter.

As we’ve now hit the midpoint on our journey through Lent there is still plenty of time to make these weeks meaningful. Even if we can begin to believe in ourselves we will have much to celebrate when we come to Easter. 


Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens. 

Wayne Dyer


 The best lesson we can learn in life is how to love people and use things
instead of loving things and using people.

3 comments:

betty said...

I liked that daily acceptance prayer, Ma. So true that we have to believe in ourselves and accept ourselves and should expect everyone else to do it for us. Three weeks to Easter!!

betty

Mevely317 said...

That Acceptance Prayer is pretty interesting. Heretofore, I've shied away from accepting myself 'as is.' For some reason, I compare acceptance to complacency - and I refuse not to try and better myself, whether it's physical or mental.
Now, I think it's high time I re-evaluate self-acceptance!

TARYTERRE said...

I liked the Acceptance Prayer. I also loved the following quote you made that keeps the spirit of the prayer alive on a day by day basis, "There is nothing anybody can say or do to assure you of your value if you aren't sure of it yourself. It is always important to believe in ourselves and in what we have to offer and give."