It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 15



March 12th - No day but today


There's only now…
There's only here...
Give in to love...
Or live in fear...
No other path...
No other way...
No day but today...
No day but today.

Jonathan Larson, American Playwright

In truth, the present moment is all there is, so I try to live fully in the now.  Beginning by appreciating what is present in my life right now: my family, my friends, the beauty of nature, and life itself. Remembering that it’s my thoughts and actions in the past that have brought me to this moment and its blessings.



Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

 Robert Louis Stevenson

Since Spring is just a few short weeks away, our thoughts often turn to planting.  Many have seeds ready to put in the ground.  That has made me think about what kind of seeds I’ve planted.  

It is better to light candles
than to curse the darkness.
It is better to plant seeds
than to accuse the earth.
The world needs all of our power
and love and energy,
and each of us has something that we can give.
The trick is to find it and use it,
to find it and give it away.
So there will always be more.
We can be lights for each other,
and through each other's illumination
we will see the way.
Each of us is a seed,
a silent promise,
and it is always spring.

Merle Shain


Seeds are like thoughts in that they sprout into words and ideas

The seeds I planted in the past through my thoughts and prayers have come to fruition. Today I’ll  plant new seeds of positive possibilities.  I’ll be sowing ideas of happiness, kindness, and love, and cultivate feelings of joy, prosperity, and appreciation. 


Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.

Og Mandino

When we live fully in the present moment, we are continually blessed.



You will reap what you sow today


3 comments:

betty said...

I like how your seeds are coming to fruition these days, Ma, from your hard work in the past of planting the right ones that you wanted to deal with, like positivity, gratitude, etc :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I love your analogy about seeds. "Seeds are like thoughts in that they sprout into words and ideas."

jack69 said...

Yeah, we have seen some of your harvest.
As a matter of fact, we have enjoyed part of it.

Love ya.